Wellcome to my Blog

I would like to invite all our visitors to get together to reflect on what I've experienced, heard or I read ...........
I hope that this may all be beneficial to all ...... Thank you for your visit

Cheers for all

October 4, 2010

La Mano del Desierto

The last thing you expect to find in the middle of the driest desert on Earth is a work of art. But that's what you're gong to see, if you had to travel through the Atacama Desert in Chile.






Hand of the Desert (La Mano del Desierto) is a statue of 11-feet-high, in the form of hand, rose from the desert. Mano de Desierto is the work of Chilean sculptor Mario Irarrázabal, built in the early 1980s. This is financed by a local booster organization called Corporacion Pro Antofagasta.


"The hand rose from the sand" is very common theme in Mr. Irarrázabal work and he has two other similar statues big in the U.S. and Uruguay. We'll add them both to the list of weirdness, pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment